Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost track of a post the other day but they were talking about difrent marlin Items here are a few
roll dies and milling tools for a 219 zipper

old marlin store add this is oringinal

shaving lotion

razor blades and sharpener

micro grove bullet add

bullet mold

razor blade dispencer

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Pretty cool items Todd! Is that store ad from around 1955? It looks like the cover of the mid to late 50's catalogs.
That razor dispenser is a pretty rare item! Haven't seen one of those before. I have that same era bullet mold and box, and mine is a .25-26 M caliber.
Thanks for the great pictures!

·
Banned
461 Posts
That sort of reminds me of the Marlin Goodies display. There are a few things that you have that I've not seen in that display. I'll bet Tom and Dick will be calling you if they see these pictures... :lol:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
EXTREMELY interesting pics!!! Thank you for posting!!! :D It really warms my heart to see items like this preserved by genuine collectors!! SW

·
Registered
33 Posts
Several years ago I was at an auction. There was a box full of lets say "junk" and in the box was a little plastic box full of Marlin razor blades. The box was made so you could extract one blade at a time. I really wanted the Marlin razor blades, so I bid on the entire box of junk and got it for $5. On Monday when I went to work, one of the guys at work wanted one particular thing in the box and I sold him the entire box for $5. So, I got the Marlin razor blades for free! I still have the Marlin razor blades and they set on my bookshelf.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I became hooked on Marlins when I bought my first one for cowboy action shooting about 5 years ago. Hands down the Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited was the best rilfe on the market. Since then I have taken a break from then cowboy shooting, but I have collected Marlin rilfes and items ever since. I have a good representive of most models from the 1881 though the 1936's. I do have a collection of other items such as patches,banners, knives, and prints. I want to know if any one has seen or has information on the posters listed on page 515 of Brophys book, especially the 1 of 25 or the 1 of 250. I have spoken with a few of you, and I want to say that the Marlin collectors that I have met are the best!
Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I became hooked on Marlins when I bought my first one for cowboy action shooting about 5 years ago. Hands down the Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited was the best rilfe on the market. Since then I have taken a break from then cowboy shooting, but I have collected Marlin rilfes and items ever since. I have a good representive of most models from the 1881 though the 1936's. I do have a collection of other items such as patches,banners, knives, and prints. I want to know if any one has seen or has information on the posters listed on page 515 of Brophys book, especially the 1 of 25 or the 1 of 250. I have spoken with a few of you, and I want to say that the Marlin collectors that I have met are the best!
Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
719 Posts
hi ya.....kid!

welcome aboard 3855kid~ guess you like a par'ticular caliber! :wink:
the marlins are nice, seems they are getting harder to find in places...and the memoralibelia is even tougher! :cry: i can't focus much on one manufacture of guns.....i try, but it's why i get into trouble and NEVER go to the beaches during spring breaks!!!!!! :roll:
so the 1881 is a next on my list....SOMEDAY~!..right now i know where most of them are, i just have to get some gas $$ saved up to drive up there :p
or maybe i will go back to working on a copy of the 'marlin magnet'~~~ :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
38-55kid,
I've seen some of the Marlin calendars, and lots of reprints of the posters you mentioned. Haven't seen any originals, excpt those that the Johnson brothers show at most the MFCA member shows.
I have a original counter display from around 1960, but that's it for posters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts