Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took the gun apart as sited in the links above. I put it back together and now it wont cock. The feed ramp is in postion. I took the trigger group back out and it still wont work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
And now I'm having feed problems after taking it apart for a cleaning. The bullets aren't being guided onto the feed ramp properly...I've taken it apart and reassembled dozens of times yet I can't get the ramp into position to accept the bullet. Any ideas?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Make sure when you are putting the trigger guard onto the reciever you must push the feed ramp away (backwards) from the breach of the barrel to correctly align the feed ramp. This is talked about with most discriptions on how to properly align the trigger group during reassembly. Did the forward pin not want to go in easily? That is usually the first indication you do not have the feed ramp ON the end of the barrel and not under it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My guide piece doesn't look like the one in the pictures

I've been following the posts about breaking down and putting the Camp 9 back together. But I'm having a problem in that the Guide Piece on my Camp 9 doesn't look like the one depicted. It only has a single rail. And although I have succuessfully put everything back together when I insert the clip and try cocking the carbine it gets caught on the clip. I can see that the Guide Piece is sitting up too high and if I stick my finger in and push it down the bolt slides forward. Below pics of what I have, I pushed the pin through it otherwise it would not stand up. As you can see my Guide Piece is different from the original pictures. Does anyone else have the same setup and if so is there some trick on where the Guide Piece acutally needs to sit before I close everything up. Or did something fall out when I took it apart and I just didn't see it, although I'm sure I would have noticed the missing piece on my bench?

P1010939.JPG P1010938.JPG

MC

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess here - Does your Camp 9 have a (bolt) Manual Hold Open Lever (part # 72) see attached picture.

If it does not I would guess that you have an eariler Camp Carbine that the Hold Open function is by pulling out the Charging Handle (part #10) - or you have an eariler part that was later changed. On this site, we have seen some earlier Camp Carbines that do not have exact parts like in the last page of the manual parts list and diagram.

camp 9 bolt hold open button red pointer- outside.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mush - It doesn't have a Manual Hold Open Lever and your guess is correct in that it's probably an earlier Camp Carbine, pulling out on the Charging Handle does hold it open. So now I have to admit that I was convinced I had done something wrong that I completely missed the point. The carbine was working as designed, when you have an empty clip in the carbine and you pull back the charging handle it's supposed to stay open, duh. But it wasn't until I read your post that I really started looking at what I did and realized how stupid I was. I loaded up the clip and as I'm sure you guessed everything worked like a charm. Anyway I will say this is a great Forum and you can be sure I'll be checking in regularly. Mush, thanks for the quick response...

MC

·
Registered
703 Posts
'en bloc' clips are generally strippers unless designed as the garand and some 20 and 40mm guns. these spit out the spent 'clip' when empty.
takes some practice to get used to a real stripper clip. i.e. SKS and .303 brit

·
Registered
196 Posts
I never had any problems loading my M-16 magazines from the 10-round stripper clips - as long as the guide tool was available. :banghead:

Back to topic, this is a great resource and appreciated by all. A suggestion, how about an addition covering years made, varients available, etc. Unless I have overlooked such a thread....

·
Registered
703 Posts
I checked my gun traders guide - '99 edition - and did not have the .22mag listed but I'm sure some were made maybe just last year of camp gun production which ended in '01 (I think).
IIRC I saw one at the fun show and several ads for when marlin cataloged them

stated in another post here as the 922. quite rare I've read. last year of production.
remington would make some $$ putting these back into production methinks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aftermarket mags are tricky things. Some work and some don't. Sounds like you just happened to get some that don't.

The only thing I can suggest is comparing them carefully, side-by-side with known good mags. Look at the feed lips, the front contour in front of the feed lips, the follower, and the magazine catch slot. If you see significant differences in one particular area, see if you can "tweak" the bad mags with hand tools (only if you're confident in your ability to do so) to match the good mags. As-is, they're not working, so the worst that would happen is that they keep "not working".

I suspect it's the feed lips either being too wide, too narrow, or the wrong contour. Without seeing them I couldn't be sure.

Yup, I bought 3 of those 18-rnd after-market mags and 2 out 3 worked fine. The 3rd would run halfway through the magazine then stop feeding. So if this was a baseball stat, .667 would be a pretty damn fine average! But in real life I like something a little more dependable...I'll stick with the factory mags until someone comes out with a better hi-cap magazine for the Camp rifles...

21 - 40 of 119 Posts