Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am with olskool, on mag holder plastic piece.
i had a marlin camp 9mm some time ago.
it was heavy and the mag plastic part i didn't like.
sold it..

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Remember it was Marlins low end rifles, I think it was around $200. I have a camp 45, I bought about 10 Chip McCormick 10rds mags and save the Marlin mag for future use. I sold a lot of my Marlin Collection and down to only 3 rifles, one being the camp 45. That one is one of the most unrated rifle Marlin ever build. People say this and that about the rifle and I bet half of them never shot one. Yes my stock cracked and I replace it with a hand build one in black Walnut with a bull eye in the stock. Well back to your question, I would pay $700 for the rifle. check it good for rust under the stock. Good Luck

Rick

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
I remember seeing ads years ago from some company that sold the 9 and 45 Camp Carbines that were modified with full-barrel suppressors. A big fat shroud from receiver to muzzle, like a DeLisle. Always wondered if those worked worth a hoot, and if anybody actually has one.....

Looky here, I had a photo of one! Camp Carbine.jpg

Reactions: Rickys2

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am with olskool, on mag holder plastic piece.
i had a marlin camp 9mm some time ago.
it was heavy and the mag plastic part i didn't like.
sold it..
I thought the same thing...why not steel part?.......Damn you Marlin(must have been too heavy?)
I have a spare magazine well, bought it on Numrich for less than $20. (It's a little insurance should I crack one.)
I also have spare buffers & a spare wood stock (just in case!) Luckily a lot of the parts are still available at Numrich & Ebay

·
Registered
508 Posts
Look it as ahead of their time, like the Remington Nylon 22 rifles, Browning uses a plastic for the mags on the Xbolt...no rust and quiet in the field

·
Registered
193 Posts
Remember when you could get one for under $300 at Kmart or Service Merchandise? I should have bought a bunch of them(or had my dad buy them, i was young then)

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
If anyone has a lead on a Camp 45 stock I would be interested. Either original or aftermarket.
I have a new/refurbished marlin camp 9 stock.........are they the same dimensions as the camp 45 stocks?

·
Registered
468 Posts
OTOH, Boyds only offers stocks for the Camp 9, suggesting that the stocks are indeed not interchangeable between the two models.

·
Registered
649 Posts
OTOH, the folding stock made by Choate lists one stock for the Marlin 9/45 - Link: https://www.riflestock.com/store/product/camp-9mm-45acp-folding-stock/

When I get a minute free I will have to see if the OEM stock fits both the 9 and 45........ Any one care to wager?? Inquiring minds want to know...........:dancing2:

P.S.

Ramline has a folder for the Model 9 part # 1657160 and for the Model 45 part # (also) 1657160.

Marlin does list two different part #'s 9 and 45 - (one digit off).... I wonder if one is for the plain stock and one is for the checkered stock??

·
Registered
468 Posts
I don’t know, I sold my Camp 9 years ago, still have the Camp 45. The Choate fits mine okay, enough room to accommodate a slightly different action. No idea if “all” Camp 9 stocks fit the Camp 45.

·
Registered
649 Posts
For what it is worth, tonight I removed the OEM plain stock from a Camp 9 and installed it on a Camp 45, no problem. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been looking for a Camp 45. All I find are GunsAmerica/Gun Broker, etc., that all are sold. And at around $11000-1500. I have a Rock Island Tactical 1911, and the Camp would be a good companion for it.
Does anyone have one or know of one for sale?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Lost track of this thread. I have not bought the 45. It is still in my buddys possesion at his Gun Shop here in Nebraska where I live. I cannot afford it right now. So may pass my buddys contact info on if someone might want it. He is a good guy. He does not have it in the store displayed for sale. He has a 9 also. I would like to have it but I just bought a 27s pump and a Marlin 717 Mach 2. So pretty tapped out rght now on Gun purchases. I cannot say that he will sell to others for my buddy price. But that is betweeen you and him..Thanks

21 - 37 of 37 Posts