Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Wally World in Unicn City TN (across the highway from Dixie Gun Works) on Friday and they had what was tagged as a Marlin bolt rifle in the guncase. No mention of caliber, etc that I could see. And as usual, no clerk to be found either. Mrs Willy had me in tow, so I couldn't spend much time looking either.

I know Marlin quit making these a few years ago and just figured that should anyone be close enough and interested, it might bear checking out. I probably won't make it back up to UC in at least a month or so.

Besides, I doubt it was in 44-40 anyway :lol:

Willy

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'm surprised Wally would have something like that. I was only in DGW once - I had to leave because I was slobbering on stuff. SW

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also posted about it in the Other Marlins forum here and mdatlanta (who's apparently smarter that I :D ) called them up and it is indeed a MR-7 in .270 Win. You can walk out the door with it for about $500 when you figure in sales tax.

As for Dixie Gun Works, Mrs Willy wishes it was anywhere else but in this area. Everytime we go to Union City, I start up with the "Let's swing by Dixie Gun Works and see what kind of (insert closest holiday here) sale they're having." She's not amused, but gives me an "A" for effort. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
My wife has no sense of humor either. If I spot a gun shop in a town we're traveling through I start with, "Do you smell that?"
She usually follows with, "What?" And then I tell her I smell guns. At this point, she usually tells me we're not stopping, and I don't even get a chuckle! :( No sense of humor!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts