Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The folks over at the Marlin Collectors Association suggested I post this here as well. I am doing some research on Marlin razor blades, and am specifically looking for information about a display that was made during WWII featuring a soldier who made a crystal radio set from a Marlin blade. There is a picture of the display on page 91 of Brophy’s book “Marlin Firearms”. If anyone knows has one of these displays or a photograph of one (I know Marlin released a press photo) I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
Brian

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for digging those up! Actually the first two links are to my site. It is possible that the picture no longer exists, since Marlin no longer has any of their razor blade division files. I'm not giving up, though - Mr Brophy found that picture somewhere!
Brian

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you need some Marlin blades,,there are some for sale on Gun Brokers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking now that the picture was originally in a Marlin catalogue, somewhere in 1944-46, so if any of you are catalogue collectors, perhaps we could make a deal...
Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to mention - if anyone does happen to have the catalog that this was in, I would be happy with a good scan of the picture.
Thanks
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts