Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A post on GBO said a gunsmith had taken 12 barrels off the XS-7's and they were missing threads on the barrel shank. Wondering if Dangerous Dan had seen this on the one's he's worked on? If they are put on correctly, should be a non-issue until someone takes them off. Just wondering. DP

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I try to avoid the rant area, get enough of that at home and work. :p I'll check it out. DP

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, bottom pic was the one posted. All I got to say is, DAMNIT! DP

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
You guys scare me...is there a way to tell if the barrel is missing threads without taking it off? ???

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yes There Is If Your Barrel Has REM or REP stamped On It It will be Missing Threads . I am The Gunsmith who Found Them . I have been very tight liped about it But It is a Mess and a Joke all in one . I won't say Much More It seems The barrels are on XS7 models . DD In My eyes Marlin Is the victum of big bussness but what sucks is selling sub standard guns To Us shooters at full price At this point I don't trust them at all .

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Well, mine's an XL7 and it has a JM proofmark, so it should be fine.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
DD, as much as I hated to do it, I had to check my XS7, with my usual luck, my barrel has rep stamped on it, I thought awhile ago it might be one of the good ones, since it has North Haven,stamped on it, should have known better. The biggest question is, is this a unsafe situation, since I never anticipate removing the barrel. Tks. T REX

·
Registered
66 Posts
This "missing threads" fiasco is going to be a black eye to Marlin and I'm sure it will affect their X7 sales. Another downside to this is that it's not going to take Savage, Mossberg, and TC long to capitalize on this either, either in their advertising, the media, or on the internet. If there is a safety concern over this then Marlin (or Remington) just might issue a recall or usage warning. If it so happens that this ends up being the case then it will just go along or be added to all Remington's other usage warnings, such as M700 accidental discharges, M597 rifles and ammo, and the latest one, the Versa Max shotgun. This is indeed an unfortunate incident and I somehow can't believe that Marlin wasn't aware of it. All us X7 fans will just have to wait and see how all this plays out.
By the way, I just found 3 XS7's in my inventory that has the REP stamping.

·
Registered
869 Posts
T Rex I don't Think The Plant they are Built In Matters It Is Big bussness at It's worst . What They should do Is send everyone barrels and Let Them have them changed ..... I do NOT Trust BIG Green at all . Lets see what they Do to Take care of there greed ..... who Know Next week It will be the XL7 guns

·
Registered
85 Posts
This may offer an opportunity for us before its all over with.
The company has to decide whether is cheaper to fix or liquidate.

Keep your eyes open for huge discounted sales of XS7's.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
DD, appreciate the reply, I guess I'll just take the wait and see attitude, anyway many thanks!! T REX

·
Banned
373 Posts
DD

I'm a little confused, in your rant section, you say it's not new, as you have seen this in Marlins for the last 3 years, now your saying it's just the recently built Remington's. So my question to you is which is it. Only on the Remington built guns or have you seen this on North Haven guns also?

·
Registered
869 Posts
I posted This In The Marlin section and someone Move It In the rant section . It's Not Me To ask any Question ask Marlin and Remington . They Built Them .... Yes They are save to shoot the Missing threads are in the Recoil section . DD

1 - 20 of 106 Posts