Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HRA (new) garand receiver I purchased in the mid 80s. I also have a marlin (new) barrel. Putting the two together seems to be an issue. Anyone have any experience with barrel installation?

·
Banned
457 Posts
welcome to MO

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Are you trying to put a Marlin barrel on a HRA Garand???That would be a No Go in my book. A Garand is a Gas operated mechanism. Most Marlins, if not all, are not.Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Marlin built Garand barrels for Uncle Sam if I remember correctly . . . if that's what we're talking about, I'm sure an expert will be by soon to help.

And WELCOME to Marlin Owners!

B

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
welcome from Texas

I can't offer any advice on your barrel, but someone should chime in shortly

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! John

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You might post on the gunsmithing forum too. There's a world of knowledge over there concerning barrels and receivers. Welcome to the forums from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee!

Ron

·
Registered
788 Posts
Go to the ODCMP website, that is where you 'll find who and how to have your. Marlin made Garand barrel installed correctly. This is the Civilian Marksmanship Program that sells surplus Garands to the public. You will find a wealth of knowledge on their forum.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Marlin built Garand barrels for Uncle Sam if I remember correctly . . . if that's what we're talking about, I'm sure an expert will be by soon to help.

And WELCOME to Marlin Owners!

B
Just about everyone built parts for the war effort they even made Grands at the International Harvester factory here in Ft Wayne. The trick is getting one that match manufacturer as those that were in Europe were disassembled and put back together after the war.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,614 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.