Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Mods, feel free to move this if it belongs somewhere else.)

Howdy, folks. FNG, only a casual gunner but always interested in old stuff and memorabilia and have been reading up on 336s in .35 here, lots of great info.
Was poking around a local flea market/antique barn and found an older Marlin ad banner; didn't know how thick on the ground these are, or how valuable. I think it's tagged at $75 (seems steep but what do I know?).

If this for some reason a big find and someone here can't live without it, let me know and I can try to get back and snap it up, make arrangements to get it to you. Always willing to facilitate an obsession!

Dale

(quick edit: I knew I should have made this more clear from the get-go, but here goes - not my banner, got no dog in the fight, just suspect it's unlikely many of you will happen into Elmer's Barn in beautiful Cooper's Mills, Maine to find this for yourselves. Thought I'd pass on an offer to procure and ship if anyone is interested but unable to make the trip in person. Cheers. Dale)

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Hi Dale
Welcome to MarlinOwners from New York!!!

Not sure of the value, but it's Definitely a KOOL Banner!

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome from Texas

that sign would look great in someones den

Reactions: gunrunner

·
Premium Member
14,157 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners.
That banner usually goes for over $100+ on e-bay.
Normally you have to have 25 post to sell something here. But since you don't actually own it yet, the mods might let this slide.
I would like it, but right now I am trying to scrape enough money together for another gun.
But thanks for the thought.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
That's a fair price from what I have seen, $60-100 is the going rate. Here's pics of mine in my so called "Man Cave". IMG_8025.JPG IMG_8026.JPG

·
Premium Member
14,157 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the PM, Sharps, and sent an email. I'll see about heading by there on my way into the office today.

(DCSprings looks to be cornering the market!)

Dale

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks to be good news all around, and at a great price. Sweet score, Sharps!
Now if anyone sees one of those in Remington Model 8/81 or a nice Savage 24 motif....

Dale

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Dale, I got it for 56.00. I had to send em a mailing tube with a return postage label to make it easy for them. But glad to get it for 56.00 even if I have to pay a little more for shipping..Thanks again for letting me know about it.

I think the small stain at the bottom can be taken out. I am going to ask the Dry Cleaner about it when it gets here..It looks really good otherwise..

Anyone know about when that was made? Maybe 40s or 50s, 60s 70s?

DCsprings your are very nice..Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Outstanding, Sharps. Willing to post a pic with the banner and your rifles? Good thought on the drycleaning to tidy-up those watermarks, would have never occurred to me.

Glad it found a good home.
Dale

1 - 15 of 15 Posts