Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I have acquired an older Marlin semi auto .22. all it says is Marlin firearms New Haven Connecticut and .22LR smokeless powder only. from my Google Fu it appears to be an A-1. I am looking for dis assembly instructions for the rifle. Namely how to get the bolt handle off of the bolt to slide it out of the receiver. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the help man. The problem I have is that I have already disassembled the gun just like the pictures show but the instructions I have found says to pull the bolt to the rear and pull the bolt handle out of the rifle. My handle won't come out even after I have done everything I'm supposed to. Has anyone had this same problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
What about this pic? It looks almost like the extractor has a detent that might fit into that groove on the handle holding both in? Now how the extractor gets removed I can't help. I really have no idea! I hadn't ever heard of this rifle till you made your first post!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got it. I think it was a crud and rust problem. I have several marlins but this is the first A-1 I have ever seen too. Not many in my neck of the woods. I just didn't want to force anything without being sure. Thanks for the help again. Hopefully I can return the favor some time.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Tyler Durden said:
What about this pic? It looks almost like the extractor has a detent that might fit into that groove on the handle holding both in? Now how the extractor gets removed I can't help. I really have no idea! I hadn't ever heard of this rifle till you made your first post!
This sort of extractor is dead easy to get out. Get a dental pick into the crack between plunger and extractor at the rear, pull the plunger back to free the extractor, wiggle the extractor out. Complications arise when there's the usual last century's worth of crud packed into the plunger and extractor channel. Or if it's been sitting behind the barn door for 40 years without cleaning. Ultrasonic cleaners can be your friend in those cases.

And I believe the plunger at the rear of the extractor spring does lock into the bolt handle. Penetrant may be needed to get it to move, though, if it's in the usual condition.

Stan S.

·
Registered
2 Posts
was a great help....but two questions, first in the parts diagram its says extractor plunger (two required) anyone know where the second goes and second question there is a flat side on the plunger where does that side go, i took it out with out looking..... tn_103480.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts