Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
By push button ,are you referring to the arrow on the charging handle and being able to push it in to hold the bolt open?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
The very early 99m1's used the m1 carbine style charging handle. Not sure when it was discontinued.
I believe they used one that could not be locked back for awhile also. (Think mine is like that) and then when to the current style.
Again not sure on dates.

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
My 989M2 is a 1969 and it has the push style charging handle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marlin 99m1 charging handle

Hi,i was away from desk,no i dont mean handle with arrow marlin hade a charging handle with a spring button on it,pull back push the button down it would go into a noch in the receiver

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
That's why I love this place,I had never seen one with the push button.
But I just did on another thread,learn something new every day.

Reactions: srv1

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
sorry i ment very late 68 erly 69,they did not have them on erlyer ones,i have a 64,65,66,68 the 64 has the taped receiver with a lymen 66md sight,and my 65 is taped also but i do not have a receiver sight on that one also my 68 has a different type of pant more like ruffer

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do you want to know whats a sham,talked to two guys 1 in arizona 1 in georga they are buying these m1s at pawh shops taking them apart and selling them on ebay,i see alot of them go on there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.