Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Marlin 989 M2 and other Marlin .22 options

Hope this is the right place for me asking...
About the only negative is the rear sight is missing. Very minor bluing wear and 1 small mark in the wood.
1969 Manufacture.
Wondering if $300 Cnd is a good buy on this little iron.
(that's $235USD and change)
Thanks folks

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun

Feel free to enlighten me as to all the usuals as well. Function, reliability, known issues etc.
Obliged.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for all the help folks ;D
Trying to replace the missing rear sight is a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: 10acres

·
Super Moderator
5,412 Posts
I don’t think that’s a bad price. I think you could find the rear sight pretty easily. Same year I was manufactured.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Rear 989 M2/ M1 sights for 25.00 I will take em all. They bring 75.00 up to 110.00 on Ebay.They are hard to find for sure. I have a nice M2 with the rear sight. Only in it for around 125.00 But that was a steal a few months back.

Have a M1 with no rear. 25.00 would be great,and I would have one by now. All I have seen on Numerich are parts for the rear sights.

·
Super Moderator
5,412 Posts
Rear 989 M2/ M1 sights for 25.00 I will take em all. They bring 75.00 up to 110.00 on Ebay.They are hard to find for sure. I have a nice M2 with the rear sight. Only in it for around 125.00 But that was a steal a few months back.

Have a M1 with no rear. 25.00 would be great,and I would have one by now. All I have seen on Numerich are parts for the rear sights.
My bad I had 99 on my mind when I typed it in.

·
Super Moderator
14,147 Posts
For the M2 in very good shape it will take $200. to get it even with no rear sight most days around here. The rear sight goes near $100.00 as others already said so then you have $300.00 in it and while they look cool you can put that $300. into better guns IMHO.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok lets change things up mid thread...I'll change the title a bit.

I have a 39A but want a good detachable mag fed Marlin .22 and I bin shoppin!
I like wood and I'm partial to old iron.
Any suggestions for something that would fill the bill?

·
Super Moderator
5,412 Posts
ok lets change things up mid thread...I'll change the title a bit.

I have a 39A but want a good detachable mag fed Marlin .22 and I bin shoppin!
I like wood and I'm partial to old iron.
Any suggestions for something that would fill the bill?
Bolt action or semi-auto?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marlins only!

I have a 10/22...yes I said it ;D

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Have a first year Levermatic 56. I really like it,they are really a cool Rifle how the short throw lever operates.. They are a little on the big and heavy side for a 22. Pricey as already stated. My Model 62 Levermatic in 30 Carbine is even more compact and feels lighter than the 22 Model.

They feel more like holding a High Power rifle.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Everybody has their favorites so keep em coming.

Did a little looking for a 25N yesterday but they are like hens teeth so far.

Being in Canuckistan makes it a challenge because what might be common for you folks could be a rare bird up here... but I'm up for it.

Reactions: 10acres

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
A buddy got a Ruger American it take the 10-22 mag good shooter too.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Marlin 780 box mag or 781 for the tuber version
Plus check your hardware and old sporting good stores for their "house brand" named Marlins.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A buddy got a Ruger American it take the 10-22 mag good shooter too.
Marlins only. I have a 10/22. Did I mention where I live, or that the RCMP have declared 25 round 10/22 mags to be prohibited devices?
Yupper, this ain't the US of A

Marlin 780 box mag or 781 for the tuber version
Plus check your hardware and old sporting good stores for their "house brand" named Marlins.
Again, where I live, Canadastan...most hardware stores stopped selling iron in the 90's, and there aren't many LGS around any more. Not likely to find a gem at Cabellas here...
I live in a country where the PM is a left wing clueless tool bent on destroying the country in the name of global warming and the laws are decided by latte sipping girly boys because there are more of them than regular folks. Victims of crime get charged for defending themselves and self professed terrorists get handed checks for $10.5 MILLION, all while the afore mentioned clueless tool tells our vets they are asking too much when they are getting virtually nothing.

...whoo boy...sorry folks...

OK so a 780 huh... ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.