Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys. I need some close up pics of the front sight assembly if anyone has one of these old 989's. It is not the M2 carbine style version, just the plain, long barrel 989. The front ramp sight is missing, and I'm looking for a replacement, but not sure on what style it should have. Lots of info on the 989M2 out there, very little on the 989. Most of the pics I have found do not show close views of the front sight. The seller tells me it has 2 threaded holes in the barrel with 3/4" spacing. Insert or no? Screws in front of and behind insert, or in front of and below insert? Correct hood? My main go to places like Numrich, and Steve's pages were a bust. All pics, or parts breakdowns would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks,
Klew

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I don't have pic's but the two whole and spacing seems to indicate the hooded ramp as on a Model 39, brass bead insert. Try Rimefirecentral.com, a separate Marlin forum just for auto's.

Reactions: Klewless

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Klew...pulled out my Brophy book, the Bible of Marlin rifles.....he states the 989 is the clip version of the model 99, which was tube fed. I have three of the Model 99's, so I'll get some pictures and post them for you.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have pic's but the two whole and spacing seems to indicate the hooded ramp as on a Model 39, brass bead insert. Try Rimefirecentral.com, a separate Marlin forum just for auto's.
I did look at a 39A sight that was stated to be 3/4" spacing. I'll compare those to the 99 sight that Cobirdhunter posted.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.