Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
I'm new here and excuse me for starting out immediately asking for some help.
I recently acquired a Marlin Model 97 - 22 lever action rifle. It works fine but there are issues with the magazine tube.
The dovetail is missing and the tube itself is probably missing something as a piece sticks out of each end. The is a spring in the middle. I'd like to get it back in shooting condition and am wordering is ther is a source for parts or a repair facility that works on these. I can take pictures if needed .
Jim

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Welcome to the MO Jim! Nice project you have there! Ebay has some parts for the '97 also. I want to remind you to log out of your photobucket account after posting your pics! If you don't, all photos are open to viewing. Good luck with the '97, I have one I am working on too.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Here are a few pics of my project. It has a 39a barrel that some one put on way back when, and a chip in the buttstock. I found a NOS Octagonal barrel for it, and a new forearm, but still looking for a buttstock. Time is on my side as it shoots good as is.
Marlin Model '97 w 39a Barrel 001.JPG Marlin Model '97 w 39a Barrel 004.JPG Marlin Model '97 w 39a Barrel 008.JPG

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am actually hoping someone can tell me what's missing other than the obvious dovetail piece and perhaps where I can get this rifle repaired so I can put it back into service. Of course if it's an easy repair I'll do it myself.
N.B: I tried the rifle as a single shot and it shoots fine.
Jim

The company below has what's apparently a replacement assembly for a Model 97. Has anyone had experience dealing with them?
http://www.wisnersinc.com/

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts