Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if someone can direct me to a '94 (.357 , .45 colt .44 mag ) breakdown instruction . I have the parts pics and their names, but do not know if the '94 is like the 336 for cleaning. Don't wish to try until I know . As most of you know I'm sure , these costs a lot and I don't want to screw things up. I'd be thankful for any direction .

P.S. None of my instruction books have the '94 listed ...

Mutt

G

·
Mutt said:
Wondering if someone can direct me to a '94 (.357 , .45 colt .44 mag ) breakdown instruction . I have the parts pics and their names, but do not know if the '94 is like the 336 for cleaning. Don't wish to try until I know . As most of you know I'm sure , these costs a lot and I don't want to screw things up. I'd be thankful for any direction .

P.S. None of my instruction books have the '94 listed ...

Mutt
Break down for cleaning is exactly the same.

Open the lever about half-way, remove the lever pivot screw, pull the lever, pull the bolt, pull the ejector, clean, and reverse...

:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWiendner, Thank you sir. Even the gun store couldn't tell me. Ill try that next time for sure. ...........
...................................................MUTT

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah, all Marlins are easy...

I started my day by detail stripping and reassembling a '94....

a Winchester '94... I'll be the first to admit that I've become spoiled by my experiences with Marlin lever rifles.

I believe that everyone should own ONE Winchester lever rifle...
as a comparison to remind us of how good Marlins are.

AllanD

·
Registered
93 Posts
why bother with the rest when marlins are best.... :lol:

kinda rhymes, don't it? :wink:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Winchesters make good spare boat anchors.. :p :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
they go good on the "junk" tables at gun shows.....

ever wonder why you see so many, & the same ones every year?

i'll keep my marlins,...thankyou! :lol:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey, I just bought a Winchester 94 in 30-30
and it is an interesting little rifle... oddly I find that it "has soul"

Yes, I generally prefer Marlin 336's, but I felt it was necissary to have a winchester in the most classic of all lever gun calibers
(other lever rifle centerfire chamberings may pre-date the 30-30 but nothing outnumbers them)

So I managed to aquire a reasonably clean "un-bubba-ed"
(not even a sling swivel stud in the stock) 1973 production 30-30for a whopping $199.... it was dirty, it was very dirty, but no rust anywhere.
there is some light "freckleing" of the blueing on the cast receiver,
but it's a clean example of the rifle, right down to the factory oil finished walnut stock.

If I get another Marlin 336 I'll get one in 35Rem or I'll mabey luck into a 336ER in 356Win... or a 38-55Cowboy...

AllanD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts