Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Looked all over for Big Loop Lever for my .45 Colt. Does anyone know if someone is making a replacement at this time? I hate to use the lever in the gun to make one. I need the bigger lever for winter hunting......
Thanks Bill B

·
Registered
455 Posts
REPLY : -- BIGBORE358

Try Jim Brockman ( specializes in LeverGuns ) -- www.brockmansrifles.com ------ Also , Wild West Guns --- both furnish big loop Levers ( or used to - ?? ) ''

---------------- MMCOUGAR .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys,
I did ckeck out most of the outfits and it seems everything is for a Marlin 336 or the Big Bore Marlin rifles. Was hoping to find one for my Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt. I didnot want to send in the lever have it redone. I think my only option will be to by another lever and make my own.
This year hunting I did notice how really small the lever is on a 94 Marlin. I hunt in Minnesota so the need for room is there when wearing gloves in November.

Good Hunting................Bill B

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
bigbore, nothing to making your own if you can use a gas welder. I made my own for my 45/70 1895CB, 444ss, & my 1894SS, & if I have to say so myself they came out GREAT! Pictures are posted on the BIG BORE site under 444nut`s home made levers. It was posted for me by Gunjunkie. Good Luck 444 :D

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
These are the ones 444nut made..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whelen

I did see the levers a while ago and they were pretty good looking. I wanted to keep stock lever and have one for winter hunting. May get a used one someplace and make one. Otherwise you have to send in your lever to get done. I did try to find picture of the levers under the big bore sight but never did.................

·
Registered
272 Posts
:wink: Hey Bigbore ever tried gloves smaller than the ones for baseball? Find a trap shooting site and buy their gloves.Did that myself and can get them into standard loop.Really well insulated and leather outside.Even some with Goretex.Good hunting.modoc

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Numrich has the standard levers for $45.00-$50.00. Making one out of those should be less than $145.00.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts