Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yes, they did make them, they were cataloged, but 26" was standard. You could order them shorter at the same price, longer then 26" were a buck an in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought this Marlin 93,Gunsamerica #900234687 can someone here tell me if it was a good buy.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think you got a pretty good deal. Looks like a decent 93. The front sight looks a little odd. Rear sight looks good. I do not like the swivel was added to the stock but that is not all that detracting. If it functions nice and has a good shootin barrel I think you did OK..I have nearly that much in a parts put together one..

Someone can tell you for sure if the barrel length is original..Likely is but who knows after all this time. Mine has the standard 26..

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I looked at that 93 a few times, as SDM stated the only thing wrong is the swivels added. It's in very nice condition! I think the 24" is correct, those post war 93s you see more short barrels. You did just fine with the price!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice 93 and a Marlin flyer pictured in the Brophy" Marlin Firearm book, shows the 93 rifle with that Rocky Mountain front sight and the 24" round barrel length. Like everyone says, no swivels. I just sold on the Marlin rifle for sale forum a 93 sporting carbine which came standard with a 20" barrel. It shot really well, so I am sure yours will too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts