Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the new Mach 2 version of Marlin's .17 cal series and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find extra clips (magazines), a padded buttstock replacement (for the hard plastic one that comes on the rifle), and any other Marlin or after-market parts.

Would also like to find a higher capacity clip, if one exists.

Thanks!

Marlin 917M2
Nikon 3x9 40 scope

G

·
I got a 917 VS in 17HMR last summer. The first thing I would suggest is a Rifle Basix trigger .
As far as clips go , try one from a 22lr and see if they fit in your rifle . I could be wrong but I thought they used the same one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6pt-sika said:
I got a 917 VS in 17HMR last summer. The first thing I would suggest is a Rifle Basix trigger.
Thanks for the reply!

I have read a lot of posts about the trigger issues with these rifles. Since I haven't even fired it yet, I have no personal experience with it.

Is this something a gunsmith can remedy with a little work, or must the entire trigger mechanism be replaced?

·
Registered
12 Posts
While A knowlegeable 'smith could work it down...it would cost more then just replacing the old one. Aditionally, a reworked trigger won't be adjustable. You would be stuck with it "as is".

Rifle Basix is the way to go. You will still have your original trigger too, if you ever wanted to go back to it.

Midway put RB trigger on sale every 3 or 4 months for $60.00 + shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts