Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know to remove the one pin...but this thing will not come off ... is there some sort of trick. It is not threaded, it is just pushed into the receiver but I have put heat to it and tried every trick in my barrel vise, etc... Please if someone knows an easier way.....this is the worst design I have ever seen on barrel fit.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
They are a press fit. It would take a hydraulic press and a fixture to hold it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To clean up the inside of the bullet chamber, its tight as hell and and as soon as a round (.17hmr) goes off they have to be pushed out with a cleaning rod. I want to wet sand the inside 1,000, 2,000, etc.. and even with my long bore light I rather the receiver off to do the work. Has to be one of the worst designs ... My CZ...I have not checked but I know its not pressed and Ruger uses a barrel block, etc... why even have the pin there with it pressed on...no way its coming out.

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
Hoppes and a nylon bristle brush does not work?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah, I use Kroil for almost all my gun stuff the inside of the chamber even with a regular round not shot is tight. Not sure how much it was used before I got it, but it needs some polishing. First time ever came across rimfire setup pressed like this, was wondering why there was no information anywhere about barrel removal, etc..

·
Registered
734 Posts
So just coming into the chamber thru the receiver is not practical? Do you suppose they had a dull reamer to create the chamber?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well with the rate they crank these things out you never know, and yeah going through receiver isn't going to cut it. Will try a few more options before I press it out at the shop.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
One thing before you pull the bbl. On the bottom side so it don't show. Scribe a line from bbl to receiver to make sure you put it back in aligned.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
This web sight has some pics of your guns bbl and receiver parted. Look it over.

Marlin 917 Services

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
That tip about scribing your barrel before removing it is excellent advice. I just did one of mine and could have kicked myself for not scribing it first.:vollkommenauf:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I always use a white paint marker on barrels when removing and replacing, but with this one...yeah I would need to take a few hour break if I messed that up haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts