Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum. I stumbled across it while looking for some parts for a project. I thought I might try here to see if I can get some advice and possibly some leads on parts.
I have a couple of Marlin rimfire rifles and have had great luck and fun with them.
What I'm up against right now is an 882SS that has been through a fire.
It needed a new barrel,striker spring, and stock. The striker spring was compressed when it was in the fire and therefore when it cooled it stayed compressed. The barrel is toast, the heat warped and bent it.

I have it completely torn down into the individual parts, except for I haven't tried to get the barrel separated.

The receiver will need a little buffing, but not much, I want to leave it a little discolored from the heat to tell the story.

I'm assuming a heavy barrel for an 882SSV will fit... does anybody know?

Barrel, 22 W.M.R., 22", Heavy, Stainless, Crowned Muzzle, Bead-Blast Finish

What I'm looking for is some help finding a barrel. I can round up all the other parts, but the barrel is proving difficult. Once I have all the parts together I plan on taking the rifle down to a local gunsmith to have the new barrel mounted, all the new parts put on and to have a working rifle again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts