Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in Wisconsin this weekend visiting a buddy of mine whom we served together overseas in 06. He wanted to get try out handguns for himself and for home defense for when his wife is home alone, so he took me to a local range where I spotted this nice 88. I usually carry my a copy of my C&R so I was happy to be able to do my first ftf transaction even though I have bought several since last nov online.
After getting the ok form the boss aka the wife I was able to buy. I paid $184 and looking to see how I did and where the market value as of 2018 is at. Based on some older threads here I narrowed the age to 1951-1953. I got back to Indiana on Sunday and put 5 flawless round through it. It will now join the 80dl, and 81dl I have bought in the last year along with the 2 savage 87's I bought last week.

Couch Furniture Sofa bed Product studio couch
sorry for the bad quality I work midnights and am getting ready to hit the hay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just won another on that auction site for $77 and if the guy made a mistake should cost $98 to my door otherwise it will be $109. It was also drilled and tapped for the weaver bases. From his info it too was made from 51-53.

I had to part with the complete Glenfield 25 since I need to sell in order to buy. I had also planned to cannibalize it to fix the other with the broke bolt handle.

Getting my C&R was the best thing and worse thing to do. Now I need to research some more Marlins from the early 30'stages to late 50's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.