Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to restore an old revelation model 110 from western auto. Previous research has indicated that this is a marlin 81. I have pretty much confirmed this by looking at the schematic on Numrich. The rifle is not tube fed nor does it have a removable magazine. There is no hole in the stock for a magazine nor for a tube. There is a cavity in the stock under the receiver but nothing is there. It seems to me there should be some kind of tray to lay the bullet otherwise I have to put the bullet in the barrel which is quite difficult with my fat fingers and so it usually falls into the cavity. Something is missing but I don't know what. Can anyone help me with what I need and where I might get it?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Sounds more like an early Model 101 before they added the loading throat. Or maybe someone replaced the stock on your gun? The 81 was not a single shot rifle, but the 101 was basically an 81 in single shot configuration. If you have a 101 it may be missing the feed throat, or be an early one without a feed throat. You can buy this item for under $4 from Numrich, but they are out of the attaching screw. Need to find or make a screw.

#12 and #13
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/MarlinGlenfield-33379/Rifles-37333/101-38913.htm

Reactions: 256WinMag

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the schematic on Numrich. This is definitely not a 101. I must conclude that this gun may have been modified from its orignal configuration. Either the stock or the barrel have been replaced. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On second inspection this gun had a magazine tube but everything associated with the tube and the cartridge carrier is missing. I have a 21 3/4" barrell. The cartridge carrier and the outer tube are out of stock and I am unsure of the complete list of parts I would need to order to return to original configuration. I guess I am out of luck.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Does your barrel have any dovetail cuts for a magazine tube? Or was it once a clip type magazine? Either way, I believe it is modified, and at this point it would be too costly to return it to original. What I would do is make a hardwood filler to slip into the stock and not allow cartridges to drop into the void. One could carve it to shape, so it actually worked similar to a feed ramp, and allowed the bolt too pass over it. Then it can be fired as a single shot without all the fumbling. If you had a groove shaped into the block you could lay the round in the groove and the bolt would push it forward into the chamber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does have the dovetail cut outs for the tube ring and the hole in the takedown fitting for a tube. I agree with your recommendation. I am going to make a tray to lay the bullet on. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts