Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here! I recently ordered a new/used stock on eBay for my marlin 81 dl I didn't realize it but the stock I ordered has a cutout for a larger trigger guard than the one I have. Does anyone know where to find a trigger guard like this? I'll try and post a picture of the cutout on the stock. Also having problems with the carrier not going down far enough to catch the bullet in the tube feeder. I was hoping this new stock would push the tube up farther and help but no luck yet. I might try a shim under the end of the tube to see if I can raise it up a little. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
"Also having problems with the carrier not going down far enough to catch the bullet in the tube feeder"

Little help with a 81DL - RimfireCentral.com Forums

The area that they are referring to is this surface of the cartridge carrier base. The rear part of the lifter arm touches the inside edge of the cartridge base, and is pushed downward when the bolt is moved forward. If a notch is worn into the surface from many years of use, the lifter won't go down far enough.
P1010227arrow.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feeding issue solved! I ended up using another lifter that I had whose edge had been trimmed down to a flat line as opposed to the rounded one I was using. Now it is cycling like a champ for the first time in a long time. Now to find a trigger guard to fit this new stock. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts