Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I am also new to the hobby of owning a gun. If this is in the wrong section please move it, I apologize.

The other day I took my .22 Marlin 80g rifle out to hunt with some friends. (small game). It was working well for a while, until it stopped firing. It would load, cock, and made the usual clicking noise when the trigger was pulled. Except the bullet would not fire. After a while of just recocking it, it fired again. This continued randomly.

I went home and disassembled the rifle to take a look, when I unscrewed a bolt from the striker. As soon as I did this, (forgive my vocabulary please) the inside black part was forced out of the Silver bolt (the lever used to cock the rifle). I now notice that it is near impossible to align the bolt holes on the two pieces due to the spring. Attached is a picture of the part I'm talking about. Can anyone help me out? The rifle is unusable, and it kills me because everyone's out hunting without me. uploadfromtaptalk1405660717758.jpg

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I am also new to the hobby of owning a gun. If this is in the wrong section please move it, I apologize.

The other day I took my .22 Marlin 80g rifle out to hunt with some friends. (small game). It was working well for a while, until it stopped firing. It would load, cock, and made the usual clicking noise when the trigger was pulled. Except the bullet would not fire. After a while of just recocking it, it fired again. This continued randomly.

I went home and disassembled the rifle to take a look, when I unscrewed a bolt from the striker. As soon as I did this, (forgive my vocabulary please) the inside black part was forced out of the Silver bolt (the lever used to cock the rifle). I now notice that it is near impossible to align the bolt holes on the two pieces due to the spring. Attached is a picture of the part I'm talking about. Can anyone help me out? The rifle is unusable, and it kills me because everyone's out hunting without me. View attachment 111768
Wecome to the forum. I have never disassembled a Model 80 bolt, but from experience with othe bolts you''l have to use some force to get it in while aligning holes for the screw. Some one here may have a tip or trick to facilitate reassembly. If worse comes to worse take it to a gunsmith. make sure you haven't lost any parts. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts