Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of Tech Sights for my 795. They look fairly easy to install and to adjust. Any tips on the install and setting them up for the first shot?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very easy to install. All you need is screwdriver and a little loctite blue.
Not so easy if your scope rail is improperly machined like mine. Sending mine back to Marlin.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you can turn a screwdriver you're set.

Mine was 4 clicks low and 4 clicks right, after those adjustments my 795 is money out to 40yd.

You will not be dissapointed

Wally

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sights came in today and I have them installed...took all of 5 minutes. I do have one question. I've never used a peep sight before and am not sure on how to sight with it. Do you place the center of the target on the top of the post and center it in the ring of the rear sight?

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just out of curiosity, is there a similar yet less expensive alternative to the $70.00 Tech sights? 'Cuz I'm not really in the (financial) mood yet to spend that amount of coinage on a rifle that cost me only a hundred and twenty bucks....... ::)

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Ricky B said:
Just out of curiosity, is there a similar yet less expensive alternative to the $70.00 Tech sights? 'Cuz I'm not really in the (financial) mood yet to spend that amount of coinage on a rifle that cost me only a hundred and twenty bucks....... ::)
There are barrel mounted peep sights. Not quite as nice as receiver mounted ones but a definite improvement over notched sights.

The Marlbes Bullseye is fairly inexpensive. I run a Skinner barrel mounted peep on my 60 and am quite pleased with it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Eli Chaps said:
There are barrel mounted peep sights. Not quite as nice as receiver mounted ones but a definite improvement over notched sights.

The Marlbes Bullseye is fairly inexpensive. I run a Skinner barrel mounted peep on my 60 and am quite pleased with it.
Perfect Eli, and only sixteen bucks to boot. But unfortunately everyone's sold out at the moment.

FML...... ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts