Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a 795. It looks like it is just a clip fed model 60. I had a model 60 years ago that was a jammomatic no matter what I did. I was wondering if anyone could tell thier experience be it good or bad with this rifle and its dependability. Thanks.

snakeman

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I would hope that much of the "jamomatic" problem is a thing of the past.
I never owned a 795, but I did have a Model 7000 for a couple years till i gave it to my grandson, and I have replaced it with a model 60.

No jamming with either of those....

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
For accuracy as well as low cost, I would suggest either Winchester T22s or CCI standard speed.
Each rifle has it's own favorites and it would be wise to try some fifty round boxes of several types before sinking money into any one type.

My Marlins seem to like both the above mentioned rounds..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 795 and if you keep it clean it wont jam, but i found if you just plink a couple hundred rounds through it and dont clean it ever now and then, it does tend to start jamming

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 795 and if you keep it clean it wont jam, but i found if you just plink a couple hundred rounds through it and dont clean it ever now and then, it does tend to start jamming

·
Registered
111 Posts
xjcamaro89 said:
Agreed, I can get problems after 3-400 rounds too, but I don't feel it's too much for a rifle to ask to be cleaned then. Make sure to clean the openings on either side of the chamber that the extractor goes into. This area tends to build up over several thousand rounds and it isn't obvious that there is crud in there, which can lead to FTE's.

The first sign I get that it is nearly time to clean it is that last shot hold open on the bolt doesn't always work...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts