Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have looked around the site for awhile and just joined. I owner several marlins and love them all. Secondly I run a firearms review site and just did a complete overhaul of the Marlin 795. Thought id contribute something to the marlin community and see what y'all thing. I also have a review on the 336 on there as well. Also we are giving away a Wicked Tree Hand Saw to one lucky winner. The winner will be announced Friday morning. So go and enter if you want to! Here is my review site where you can find the pics of the build. Let me know what y'all think. :biggrin:

Marlin 795 Upgrades: The Inexpensive Multipurpose .22lr « Ask ReView Anything

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice rail on that. No filing to get it to fit?
It slides on then has set screws to hold it tight?

BTW, edit your paragraph right? should say "which eliminated almost all of the pre-travel in the triggerl"

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rail just slides onto the dove tail rail and then is set with 6 screws which you can use loctite but honestly it fits on there so snug you wont need it. To install it I actually took a small block of wood and a rubber mallet and hammered it on it was so tight. I did not want to shave anything of the dove tail rail because its poly and would compromise the structures integrity. With a rubber mallet, block of wood, and some gun oil she slipped right on there. The charging handle is a major improvement over the stock one. Its bigger and you get a lot more pulling grip out of it. The trigger guard and trigger are a must if you own a 795. The stock makes the gun more balanced and I believe it may be lighter than the original stock. I will be weighing those.

Noted will correct that thanks!

Reactions: Lgomez

·
Registered
854 Posts
Sharp looking setup.
Any photos of 50 or 75 yard groups ? I couldn't find any mention of a range report.
With my monthly stimulus check, I'd have to question your use of "inexpensive" and it forces me to stick with my $75. M7000.

Reactions: Lgomez

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No range report yet. Will be doing that this weekend along with video of the firing of the gun and a video review. It is inexpensive compared to the ruger 10/22, S&W M&P 15-22, GSG-522, SIG522, and others in that category. I did get the chance to shoot some rounds the other day just to test out the upgrades and it was like night and day. Will post pictures of the range report this weekend.

This is for someone that wants to have a quick build and not spend a lot of money. Hence the comparison to Ruger 10/22 and other tactical .22 rifles. If purchased new.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do yall think of the mods? Is it something yall would want to do that have a 795? Everyone that I have let shoot this gun has went out and bought one lol I think it speaks for its self. Good gun out of the box but with these mods its a great gun and fun as all get go to shoot!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No one is interested in the modifications of the 795?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Promag just shipped mine out on Monday hope to have them soon can't wait. I'm just looking for good optics that wont break the bank.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice. If you want to give it that durability and feel of an AR you need to go with the DIP Productions kit for the bolt, trigger guard, trigger, and picatinny rail. Will give it a more sturdy feel and it is all billit aluminum

Reactions: mike06042

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your interested in a project and have money to burn. A stock would improve the overall appearance. As far as performance a DIP trigger and trigger guard would be beneficial followed by an MCARBO spring kit. But only do it if you have extra cash to burn.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very nice build. I am in the process of makeing my own stock. I wanted it to be the same feel as my AR.
why not just buy an m4 airsoft and convert that for a stock. heck if you look at the mossberg and smith and wesson .22's that look like ar's thats basically what they are doing and charging an arm and a leg for it.theres a guy defcon who modifies airsoft stocks for marlins and 10/22's and most look awesome. main trouble is housing the action and fabbing up a trigger bar. im wanting to convert an airsoft stock myself but im leaning towards a bullpup(i have a model 60 want a 795 but would cost around 50$+ to convert it to magazine fed.

also to OP most of us know about the available mods for the marlin. also some of us have very little spare funds so most of the aftermarket stuff is way too high for what it is(and they get away with charging so high because there is no competition) which is why i want a mill and a lathe so i can produce parts that are affordable for people with not alot of spare cash. and i wish someone would come out with STEEL 25 or 50 round box magazines insttead of this plastic crap where the feedlips wear down way too fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! Cicked on your link and had DEJA VU! I just recently joined this forum and honestly just moments ago I posted a pic in another thread of a project rifle I built maybe 4 or 5 years ago. It began life as a Glenfield model 60. When I got it it was inoperable and missing parts. I decided to make a fun project out of it but the tube feed didn't fit in to plans so I first converted it to a 70/795. Once I compiled all my parts I threaded and refinished the barrel/receiver in Duracoat matte black. I chose a Boyds stock to bring it all together and here is the finnished project.
When I built this Boyds didn't have the 795 stock. I had get the 60 and do a little woodwork to add the mag well. But no biggie there.
Just had to show ya!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sinse traded it for a S&W Airweight 642 but I still miss it. So I've grabbed another of my model 60's and started ordering parts for conversion to 795. Don't know what this one will look like when I'm done but that's half the fun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts