Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Marline 795 autoloading .22LR with a 10 rnd mag. Son is using it for 4H Shooting Sports. Problem is 10 rnd mag sticks out too far & 4H won't allow it. They see it being used as a handle to help steady the rifle. Does Marlin have a 4 or 5 rnd mag for the autoloading .22LR? I found one for the bolt action but haven't seen one for the autoloader yet.

Would the bolt action mag work with the autoloading rifle with a little modification if need be?

Thanks for the help.

JQ

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 7-round bolt action mags are different than an autoloader in that they don't have the cutout needed for the last shot hold open. 7-round, post '96 autoloading magazines are available everywhere i look. They end up about 3/4" above the bottom of the trigger gaurd.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What JnyQst said. In fact Midway has 7 rnd magazines in stock for $12; look under Mod. 70 parts.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You can also modify a 10 rounder by cutting and carefully bending to duplicate factory mag then re install factory base.

I have done this on a couple bolts to simulate a flush fit magazine. Usually ends up being a 4 rounder.

Cuts easy with a dremel and bends easy with good plyers.

CW

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 7-round bolt action mags are different than an autoloader in that they don't have the cutout needed for the last shot hold open.
They all have the cutout that operates the LSHO. It's the edge of the follower. What they don't have is the cutout along the side that allows them to fit into the mag well.

I'm working on a single shot adapter for 795s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I've found, it appears Marlin doesn't make a 4 round mag for the autoloader, only bolt action. So I figured I will have to take a 10 or 7 round mag & cut it down.
4H only let's them load one at a time. We tried shooting without the mag in but the rifle wouldn't shoot. Figured it must have that additional safety feature like our Ruger SR22. Have to have the mag in to fire it.
Thanks for your help.
JQ

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Numrich has single shot adapters. Don't remember the part number. I think they are included with the XT-22YR and XT-22YSR. They fit perfectly in my 880, a little tight in my 70P.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.