Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone, I am new here and have run into a bewilderment that I do not have the knowledge to answer, and can not find anything on. So I received my Great Grandfathers Marlin 783 in 22 WMR. When trying to look up history and information on
this one in particular rifle I noticed that my stock was different from all the other ones on google images and such. I could not find any forums answering my question, which is... Why does my stock not have the cheek recess/relief cut like all the other 783's? Its a walnut stock with the same decorative patterns scrolled into the handle and under fore-grip, but no cheek recess.
I searched other model stocks that could have been used but haven't found anything yet. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
IMG_3610.jpg IMG_3619.jpg IMG_3620.jpg IMG_20200114_045025.jpg IMG953621.jpg IMG953622.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,507 Posts
I'm thinking your Great Grandfather modified the stock. I just looked at pics of all my Marlin 22mags and everyone one of them has that cheek rest on it, whether it is wood or synthetic.

Reactions: Chris03

·
Super Moderator
4,507 Posts
I would have to agree, it looks great. Welcome to the forum by the way. A lot of good people and good info on here.

Reactions: Chris03
1 - 5 of 5 Posts