Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's one I found a pic and mention of that really got me to wondering. An early '50s 7.5hp Marlin outboard motor. This one is supposedly in mint condition.

Didn't know Marling made outboards, but don't surprise me that this one has lasted so long...

Willy

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Are you sure that isn't a "Martin" outboard motor?

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The owner calls it a Marlin and that's what I went by.

Willy

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I took the image to 300%. Although the Stylized "M" is similar to the big M we all know and love, it ain't the same- especially at the lower right hand corner- totally wrong for a "JM" product.

The image is low quality- pixel division starts appearing at 120%. Hard to say whether that's a "T" or an "L"- there is a similar line through the top of the "75"- could be light playing....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
How many rounds does the magazine hold?My marlin 75 only holds 10,that looks like it could hold more.Shootrj2003

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'm looking at the Grumman boat and wondering if the whole set-up is somehow connected to the Marlin Flying Corps! :wink: It was still legal to bomb sharks from aircraft then. - Boy, howdy, wouldn't the do-gooders have a field day with that today!! And, yes the Marlin float plane dropped bombs and strafed the heck out of stuff in the name of testing!

Seems to me when this site first fired up there was requested of Larry a strongly-worded disclaimer that this site was in no way connected to Marlin Firearms and another site of which I'm a member. Well, there were some pics of other Marlin companies, and there was a sporty roadster made by a company with the same name. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the motor was made by another Co. with the name Marlin. SW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts