Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
soon, i'll buy a 22 lr but still dont know wich one to choose. Any comments about accuracy would be appreciate about those 2 models. And for the semi, is the action work well or it is always stuck like the 597 Rem. that i had couple years ago? I've heard good comments about both but if the difference in accuracy is big or if i had to clean the action each 20-30 shots to prevent the action to get stuck, i will buy the bolt. Semi is fun to shoot but if i have too much ­''flyers''... :?...and if i spend more time cleaning than shooting... :evil: And it is a big difference between the Mod 60 vs. Mod 7000? ...because the mod 60ss look better than the 7000...dilema!!
Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
hey, ive had a 7000 for 4-5 years now & it is the most accurate auto i have ever owned if not shot stay away from the milk carton ammo with all the lube & you wont have to clean the action but rarley im suprised no 1 else has posted yet but dont know how many members have 1. a bolt action will normaly be more accurate but not allways if i sight mine in at 50' it will drop about 8-10" @ 100' a bolt wont drop as much hope ya get a good 1 regardless of brandname, mike243

·
Registered
16 Posts
I to own a Marlin 7000 and its the most accurate semi I have ever owned.Its recomended to clean the action every 300 rounds which is not a real problem for me,and never clean the barrel(factory recomendations).In the real wourld I clean a little more than that.The model 7000 has the same action as the 60 but with a bull barrel thats an inch shorter.The model 7000 has the synthetic stock,the 7000 is lighter than the 60(I"V always liked the feel of the 60 ),But I choose the 7000 over the 60 because of the accuracy of the 7000, in the reviews that I read.I have owened both and I like the 60 for the weight and balance,but its hard to beat the accuracy of the 7000.I have never had any cycling problems with either,The 7000 Dosent have any open sights so you will have to get a scope.The 7000 is the best auto out there for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, what is the average grooping you guys get with your 7000 and with wich brand of ammo?...and another question: is the 7000 drilled for scope base or it is only grooved?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I get .5 inch groups at 60 yards with federal game shoks,and Winchester power points group just a little bit bigger.The 7000 isnt drilled and tapped,it just has groves

·
Registered
16 Posts
Marlin recomends not to clean the bore,but to clean the actions after 250 rounds.They say its because of the clean modern ammo out there now.I personally think they say it because people send there rifles back with accuracy problems,due to damaging the barrel in some way,by peoples cleaning methods.I will clean my barrel if I think it needs it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I personaly would go with a bolt. I had a model 60 the would jam once or twice probaly every third magazine (tube fed). It was a acurate though. As far as cleaning the barrel. I clean the barrel only once a year and even then its not too dirty. I use a one peice rod and am carful not to gouge anything. I think its much more important to clean the action even if its a bolt gun or a leveraction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts