Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I need a couple of new magazines for my 7000, same as 795. I bought one from Midway UK, Midway USA will not post to the UK so you have to go to Midway UK. I paid $51 with postage. We just don't get parts and accessories like some of you can in USA. The Mag took three weeks to arrive which means that Midway UK stock nothing and just put an order in to Midway USA once a week. The mag came all bent and twisted with the bottom off and the spring bent. The bullet follower won't come out of the bottom of the mag. Useless. I paid Midway $13 in postage and it came chucked into a bubble wrap bag totally crushed. I can't get one from anywhere in the UK. Midway are getting it back! I have over the years bought many items for guns from USA. I just got a trigger guard from tactical rimfire in Spokane. Does any one know where I can get two mags posted to UK. A lot of gun shops in USA haven't got an export license which I have been told cost $1000 but some do. Does anyone know where I can get two mags posted to the UK?
Cheers
Ratdogfink.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like some anti-gun whacko took a hammer to your package.

Try this place: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/marlinmags.html

I don't know if they'll ship to you, but at these prices, you have to try. Order the mag on the left. I got 3 of them and they fit and work in my 795 great. They came in Marlin blister packs. And in a cardboard box.

Good luck. Sorry to hear of all your trouble. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eli Chaps said:
Also, I live in Spokane and have never heard of this Tactical Rimfire. Can you give me more info? I'd appreciate it thanks! :)
Sorry my mistake it was rimfire technologies http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ .

CDNN investments state "* WE DO NOT ACCEPT INTERNATIONALLY ISSUED CREDIT CARDS OR SHIP INTERNATIONALLY."
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/info.html . Nice price but won't ship to UK. I really don't know why they don't. If they did, I would buy two mags and the money in pounds would be converted to dollars. This would then remove money from the UK economy and put it in the US economy. This would make the UK and Europe poorer and the US richer. If the process carried on we would have all the gun parts and you would have all the money. We would have no money, but we'd be happy!

I have had a good surf around and I can't get them anywhere in the UK. Marlin state Edgar brothers is the UK retailer but they don't sell to the public, I think both Remington and Marlin think they do. http://www.edgar-brothers.co.uk/
None on ebay.com (USA)
As for Cheaper than dirt. Wow a great web site but they don't have mags in stock for the 790/7000 and to add to that they say,
"Because we don't send products internationally, we won't mail our cataloge outside the US".
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/FAQs.aspx#9
So I'm stuck. No mag and no where to get one from. Imagine what it's like for me. I can see lots of mags for sale on the net but the people selling them won't ship them to me. The law over here is restrictions on "pressure bearing parts". That means barrels, to stop people from making a gun, you can get barrels shipped to the UK but they have to be declared to customs and shipped to a registered firearms dealer.
I've had grips, 10/22 mags, 10/22 triggers and even a reciver and all sorts of other parts shipped.
I suppose I'll have to get back to Midway UK, ship it back to them and wait about a month to get one. If it comes bust again I'm back to square one.
Thanks for the replies.
Ratdog

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes rimfire tech. I had two 7000/795 trigger guards off them as the plastic ones split. Very nice too, one red and one gold. I have put mine on and borrowed a mag to make sure the gun works. Very pleased with them. I think I should have had a bolt handle in the same to match. After I put the order in about two weeks ago I went on Google maps and there is a street view, so we went for a walk round Spokane. Looks a nice town.
Rimfire tech stuff looks pretty nice.
Glad to have helped from 8000 miles away. You have to laugh at that.
Cheers
Ratdog.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here mate,

try contacting this bloke. he has the 7000 mags on his website AND he is in the UK!! :eek:

Click this http://www.gunshop-eb.co.uk/Magazines.htm

Failing that, I bought a 795 from one of our mates in the US and he posted it, in a box, postage was about $8.00.
Maybe you should be asking our pals over there to buy some from, say, Cheaper Than Dirt and sending them over.

Hope you get what you need,

Peter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW
Happy days. I just phoned up and bought one. Cool. £22 all in. That beats the Midway UK price of £25 with £8 postage. Yes £8 postages. £33 all in (about 45 bucks). I sent the other one back to Midway for a replacement, wait 3 weeks and pay £33. I went on this site and they were sold out when I was searching 4 weeks ago. If I had known I would have got a refund from Midway. But I suppose I'll end up with two which is what I need for speed shooting and falling plate.
Many thanks for the link. I owe you one.
Thanks
Ratdogfink.
;D 8) ;) ;D :) :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi mate,

so where did you end up getting it in the end? It was'nt too clear from your last post.

Peter.

PS If you got it through my link I'm chuffed to bits!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think that's what he's saying, Peter. Now, you on the other hand, weren't so clear. I had to look up "chuff" in the dictionary. The sound a locomotive makes, no, probably not what you meant. A rude insensitive person, a boor. Chubby, fat. :eek: A rustic, a churl, a miserly fellow. ??? Ah, here we go, maybe. Swollen with pride, proud, elated. "Pleased" or "happy". What a strange language we speak, this English. ;D Especially "English" English. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
p-t-max, I am impressed!!!

Particularly that you possess an English dictionary which is so detailed as to have this definition of this "English" english term.

It is probably more commonly used "oop 'ere int' north" rather than other areas of England and I think around the Sheffield area it has less polite definitions, but that, me old mucker, is another story. (oh no! I've done it again! ;D)

Respect, Peter.

PS...And again you are correct, having re-read Ratdogfink's post, it is clear that he used my link. Beer can be a terrible thing sometimes ::)

·
Registered
619 Posts
p-t-max said:
I think that's what he's saying, Peter. Now, you on the other hand, weren't so clear. I had to look up "chuff" in the dictionary. The sound a locomotive makes, no, probably not what you meant. A rude insensitive person, a boor. Chubby, fat. :eek: A rustic, a churl, a miserly fellow. ??? Ah, here we go, maybe. Swollen with pride, proud, elated. "Pleased" or "happy". What a strange language we speak, this English. ;D Especially "English" English. :D
Had to look it up, eh?
Wuzamatter, never watch Thomas the Tank Engine?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fabpeter said:
Hi mate,

so where did you end up getting it in the end? It was'nt too clear from your last post.

Peter.

PS If you got it through my link I'm chuffed to bits!!
Yes through your link. I've ordered two. Many thanks for that. I was surfing for hours trying to get one.
Tootle pip.
Ratdogfink.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very pleased to hear you got what you needed, mate.

I recommended somebody else to Joe's shop site and wondered how they had faired, so i was particularly keen to know how you did.

Glad it saved you anymore surfing, at my age, that surfing stuff plays havoc with the old knees. ;D

Toodle Pip???....Say what????....Oh no, here we go again!!! ( p-t-max!!!! Get the dictionary out again!!!!! ;D)

Peter. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
To the untrained ear of the American doughboys, the French farewell a tout a l’heure sounded for all the world exactly like "toodleoo", so it's been part of the "colonial" lexicon for many decades. I assumed toodle pip was an Aglicized version of that. However, to humor you, I looked it up in Wictionary, and this is what I got: "Toodle pip is typically used jocularly, in imitation of upper-class speakers." Who knew?

Now, "pip" is much more obscure. Pip was the main character in Charles Dickens' novel "Great Expectations." You see, here in the colonies we used to study English Literature and world history. Now we study to obtain degrees in Black History, Women's Studies, and Advanced Political Correctness. We're becoming more like Europeans and less and less like Americans all the time.

Oh, sorry for the rant. Now where was I? Oh, yes, pip. Another form of pip would be a back-up singer for Gladys Knight, as in "Gladys Knight and the Pips."

Pips are used to denote rank insignia on British Army Officers' uniforms. Again, who knew?

Okay, I'll stop now, before I start to bore myself. :-[

Anyway, I'm glad everything worked out with the magazine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
p-t-max,

you are a star mate, I'm glad you realised I was just messin' with you.

Where would we be without a bit of a laugh?

Anyway, I surrender, to you and that bloody lexicon,

Peter ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts