Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Rainier Gun Club. Cool temps about 38 degrees, cloudy with some sun breaks. We continued our last session where we had the Marlin 60 just about sighted in. Mrs Trot was the shooter and I the spotter. We started low on the green target and adjusted toward the Bulls Eye. After a couple of hits in the center we went to the empty red target for final shots. Then it was just lots of fun plinking different targets. We shot about 200 some rounds. Federals and American Eagles. Only a couple of failure to eject.

We made some speed loaders from brass tubes from the hardware store. I cut them to hold 10 rounds and put plastic plugs in the ends. One white plug for the front and a black plug for the end of the shell, so I don't forget which end goes where. They pour the shells down the magazine real fast.

Lots of fun, Marlin 60, a very nice rifle.

·
Super Moderator
19,139 Posts
was that 50yds or 100yds? In my 20's I bought a pretty rem bdl deluxe for $126 I regretted it as I could have bought
m60 for $65. Now I have 2 m60 and they like fed classic,cci and American Eagle.

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
The model 60 did not become the the most prolific semi-auto rimfire in the world by accident. ;D It is an unsung hero and I will NEVER understand the infatuation with the 10/22. Every model 60 I've ever shouldered was a shooter.

Upgrading the factory opens to peep sights really brings them into their own. I run a Skinner barrel mounted peep on my 60 and Tech Sight TSM200's on my 795. Both worth every penny! Marbles also makes a barrel mounted sight and Williams has fiber optic fronts as well.

The model 60 just might be my favorite firearm of all the guns I own. A whole lota bang for your buck, and not many bucks at that! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
me said:
Was that 50yds or 100yds?
m60 for $65. Now I have 2 m60 and they like fed classic,cci and American Eagle.
It was 100 yds. I get to have some exercise that way. Back and forth four or five times, up and down the hill.
I can barely see the holes with my 10X50 binoculars. But hey that lil Marlin 60 sure can put them on target. I would really like to see how tight I can get it with a particular ammo. That is by letting Ms Trot shoot. She can sure ease that trigger back.

Eli Chaps do you have any pictures of your set up? I have a Tasco 3X9 with high mounts. Lots o fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts