Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Well I won an auction for a Marlin 455 and am anxiously waiting to receive it! I have never seen one in person and was wondering if any of you have? It's not a lever action but it does look like it should be a really nice rifle.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Those are super rare! I've seen one about 15 years ago. Never see them around this area.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Marlinman93. What was your impression of the rifle? The components look really good on paper. I think the stainless microgroove barrel looks interesting. Wonder how it'll do with 30-06 velocities?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
If I remeber right, they are a FN action, and very well built too. I see no reason the micro-groove rifling shouldn't work fine, but I don't know any info how it did.
Does your gun still have the Lyman 48 rear sight?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately it doesn't still have the Lyman sight. It appears to be one of the later ones and I have a feeling they didn't put receiver sights on these but I'm not sure. I also notice the stock is a little different than the one that appears in the Brophy book, it actually looks a little nicer and looks more like the one they used on the 422. I saw another 455 that has the same stock style as mine, so I'm guessing they are later guns. It does have an FN Supreme action and Sako trigger. Really can't wait to get it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
witkor, I picked one up a a couple of years ago. it is scoped and is a sweet shooter. I handload 150 grain bullets at around 2700 fps (according to the speer manual), well pleased with the accuracy. We also have a MR-7 in 30-06, the MR 7 doesn't get out since the 455 showed up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply Oshotley! That's what I was hoping to hear! When you look at all the components it just seems like it has to be a fine rifle.

·
Banned
461 Posts
I knew I shouldn't have sold mine awhile ago. I'm trying to find myself another one for my collection. Looks like this is going to take awhile. Congratulations on your find!!! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts