Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had a renewed interest in collecting Marlins again,I dabbled in it about 12 years ago,had half a dozen of them and sold most off for other toys but the last few years I have been slowly picking up one here and there and I have decided that I want the trio of big bores.

I am going to start to look for a used .450 in excellent shape and would like to find one in stainless and grey laminate or stainless in walnut this winter and this will be the gun that I reload for.I figured that It will give me the kick in the behind and motivation to start to reload.

I vaguely remember the stainless and walnut in guide gun but believe I do remember the .450 marlin in the stainless/grey laminate in the guide gun.I am excited to start this next little project come January after hunting season is over.

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Good luck... The last 1895M XLR I saw sell was last month on Gunbroker and it went for $1500.00 U.S.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can remember seeing half a dozen different .450 marlins at local gun shows the last few years but with so many average looking marlins I really never looked over any of them seriously but I am going to stick with a $1000 budget and if I find one that I deem worth a few hundred more than maybe I will splurge.I want it to hunt with so I am not a "fine china" collector but I also am smart enough not to pay $950 for a beater,and to be quite honest a lot of these gun show guys sell garbage and sell it overpriced by a wide margin,as you see the same guys selling the same guns for years,sad but true.

No rush and also would love to stumble in to a stainless .35 rem to go with my blued and walnut one.It gives me some motivation to put up with the gun show dealers this winter and spring.

Reactions: Scorpiusb
1 - 3 of 3 Posts