Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,959 Posts
"Hornady Superformance. Any advice?" You've said it all....buy some and go get familiar with your cannon!! Congrats

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
That ammo works for me, try it out, should work fine.

Welcome to the forum! How 'bout some pics of that cannon when you receive it? Thanks for joining us.

·
Super Moderator
16,669 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The "Original 444 Marlin®" Country!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I use the 265 grain FTX Leverevolution. Work great on deer and coyotes in my rifle.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For deer, hogs the Hornady 265's should work just fine. For elk, the Hornady 265 did not hold together adequately on the one 5x6 I shot with it, based upon results with other elk and rifles. I will try a 300 Speer UniCor or Swift for elk. If I use my 444 for deer, I will use the 265 Hornady as it is very accurate, I use H322 and get very small groups with it. Haven't tried any factory.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm not a big Rem fan but for deer their 240 gr factory shoots good in mine and will take care of any deer we have. For Elk and the bigger game I would use the Hornady with the 265 gr FP bullets. It is the bullet that is the most important. And it has to be accurate in YOUR rifle.
Have a great day.
Jim

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Congratulations on your triple 4. It has everything going for it. It will kill any game in the world, with proper bullets. Read tech notes on beartooth bullets website. It will show you just how versatile this cartridge really is. I know that i love mine, you will love yours too..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.