Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Material property
My question is there suppose to be a push button next to the trigger guard to release the slide?
There is a hole there but no push button slide release.
Why would this be missing and where would get a replacement from?
Is there a good link for dissembling this gun want to redo the wood.
Thanks for any information.
Readgriff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked out the Numeric webpage and the schematic They was not very good.
Thanks for the info.
From pictures that I could find on the Marlin 42 there is a slide realease button. The gun I have has a hole there which is in the picture.
Still unable to find any disassembly instructions.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think Schematic No. 28 is what you are looking for Locking bolt, Schematic No. 29 is the pin and I would think there is a spring for the assembly too part no 407150A and lock bolt catch, no part number the last two are on the last page. This is off of Numrich web site

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yes there is supposed to be a safety/ bolt slide lock release there. It lives inside of the inertia safety block. When the gun is fired the inertia block moves and unlocks the bolt but if the shell misfires or hang fires it doesn't unlock which prevents an out of battery firing. But if you needed to rack the slide you move the exposed lever to unlock the bolt. This past year I rescued an old M42 and got it running again. Look on fleabay. Let me know if you need any help. If you scroll down about 10 threads on the sg page there is a greatnthread about the disassembly of a 42 with pix.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.