Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost 23 firearms in a house fire. I had a Marlin 39M without the gold trigger. My dad purchased the rifle for me sometime around 1979 ish. I cannot find any without the gold trigger and someone told me they made a few of these without the gold trigger. Can someone enlighten me on the history of this generation rifle? I need to establish a value for the insurance and also find a replacement.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Condolences! Can't help with info but welcome.

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your loses you had in a fire. I lost my Dad and all his guns and other things in a house fire. Very bad experience. My 39M made in 1982 has the blued trigger and my wife has a 1980 M with the gold trigger. I am a little different being that I really do not like gold triggers and other "bling" on guns. I like blued steel and walnut and pretty wood is a plus but that is about it for me. Every body has their own likes but for me gold triggers are O.K. on high end shotguns but not my rifles. Here is the M Marlins. Front is the '82 and the '80 in the rear of my wife's has the gold trigger.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Sorry for your loss! But I would like to welcome you to MO. Thanks for joining us!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
rijrunr, sorry to hear about your house fire and gun losses. Lived through a house fire (didn't lose any guns but did lose a bunch of other stuff), and it's no fun. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have one and would consider selling to you as its a rifle I picked up at a pawn shop. I'm also in PA.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. I just got a new to me Mountie, 1957 vintage and it has a gold trigger. The rifle is simply labeled 39a, not Mountie. I suspect that it is a replacement trigger, but the pull is so light and crisp I am not going to do anything about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts