Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
T-Roy is correct. Nothing was done to the serial by the original owner. I photo shopped out the last 3 numbers. I'm starting to think some of the receivers used on the Article II's were leftovers from the run of Centuries from 1970. Examples I have found of Centuries on the web have serial numbers that cannot be dated by using the serial.

Here is an example of a Century with serial “No. 7159”

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=10754499

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a Model 39M Article II w/ octagon barrel since 1971 (when I was 11 years old). I never thought of selling it, but I haven't shot it since maybe 1972. It's a beauty, but I would consider letting it go to someone who would use it, if the price was right. Does anyone have any interest? First time posting. By the way, I worked at Marlin in the mid 80's in North Haven, CT. Glad to see there's a forum for Marlin firearms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have both one like yours with a straight stock and also the one with a pistol grip. I bought the straight stock version from a pawn shop for 400.00. Its a shooter, most of the bluing is gone on the barrel, but man is it fun to shoot! The other I bought on gunbroker last year and payed 575.00 plus shipping. It is in super nice condition like yours.

Where is serial # located? My rifle emblem says 1871- 1976 !

21 - 23 of 23 Posts