Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a marlin 39D on an auction near me, but it has a loose fore arm, the rest of the gun is in good condition.
Is there a good way to fix it, or should I pass on it and wait for one in better condition?
I’m assuming a 39D fore arm would be next to impossible to find.

·
Registered
311 Posts
STEIN,
My 39D was inundated during hurricane of 2017. Stock was trashed. Round in chamber protected bore.
Gun was found by my friend doing demo on river cabin. The fore end was loose (after drying out).
I replaced the stock with one from an 1895. I glued a shred of leather to the surface that goes into the receiver which tightened it up.
The pin that holds the fore end cap on was loose so I replaced it with a roll pin and VOILA!

These little guns are great. The guys here told me that they were only made from 71-73. I would love another one for ME since the Lady of the House
loves it. Where is that auction?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mattoon, Il. Auction is today. Starts @ 9:00 a.m. the gun probably won’t sell till around 3 or 4 pm.
no internet bidding. Phone bids and live attendance only.

759C56A8-DDA7-44C7-8CB7-879AFCCC8F66.png BF76E991-E952-4363-BF12-0CA59F743FD7.png

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The prebid is up to $410

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If the rest of it is in very good condition and the price doesn't get ridiculous, I'd go for it.

And yes, a replacement stock maybe hard to find.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 39D went for $500. I decided to pass on it. I went for the nib 1894C instead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts