Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone have a parts breakdown for a 71 39d ? I am redoing the wood and the forearm barrel band does'nt have a screw head. I am hoping it is a pin but cant find any info or parts breakdown for a D , with my luck the screw head is broken off. I also may have a extra d forearm as i bought two too pick from. I think they are NOS. When I figure out how to post pics I will post one of the d.

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sharkey ,but all they show is a few discontinued parts and no d breakdown, maybe some one who has a D could take a look.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the same isue on my "D." I think its a screw thats sheared off. I asked in the 1894 subforum if a newer barrel band and screw for an 1894 might fit a 39D. If it is indeed a screw thats had the head twisted off, it will be a real pain to extract.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I have had a few 39d's and they all had a pin that is just drifted out with a punch. He's pics of my current one. IMG_8000.JPG IMG_8001.JPG IMG_8002.JPG Mine is a 1973.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
It is a pin that holds the band on. If it was a screw there would be a counter sink for the screw head or it would stick out and not look good or get caught on things. If it was a broken off screw the counter sunk portion would show well and look like our 336 bands where the head is counter sunk down in. We all don't have broken off screws on our D models.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I looked at both of mine and both look like a pin you would drift out to me. I do not think this many would have a screw twisted off.
I know mines not twisted off because I took the wood off another 39d and put it on this one, I drifted the pins out with a lite tap tap tappity tap.Both had pins. IMG_8000.JPG IMG_8001.JPG Here's pics of both sides.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info,this is the first d I have ever seen so I didnt have a clue, after putting a hundred or so rounds threw it sunday I think it is going to be one of my favorite 39s. thanks again I figured you guys would enlighten me

·
Registered
425 Posts
I should of read the complete post before I went to look at mine. It has a pin not a screw. Seems like I shoot mine more than any other rifle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts