Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope broke. Went back, its in nice shape. 90% blue,slight fade at one spot on the barrel. Rcvr is perfect. Wood is good. They did remove the eye and pit in a swivel, which would be easy to fix. But forearm was drilled for a swivel as well. Does that significantly hurt value?
Thinking about seeing if they do layaway, will have to sell one of my 39a’s. What’s a good selling price for a 1981 golden 39a in 95% condition with 2 small scratches on the rcvr?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
your 39 a should be in the 5 to 600 range with the scratches . the carbine with the forearm drilled is not good and would hurt value some .but hopefully it could be repaired somewhat . it would still be a desirable 39 to have ,you need to get it quick

·
Banned
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to pass on it, actual price was $679 before tax and transfer. Dealer wouldn't budge and the swivels were a issue, also 2 small fingerprint faded rust area's on bbl. Still a nice rifle. A few others have been coming in and fondling it as well.
If anyone is interested I can provide the location, PM me. Will post it if allowed.

·
Super Moderator
14,099 Posts
They are a little more than other 39a's but there are not a lot of them around. The dealer has it priced about right it sounds like to me and will probably sell it to someone willing to pay a little more for the carbine or just wanting a 39A as they don't go for much less than that retail around here.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I understand your passing on the M39c, but in my area, it probably would sell, and sell quickly, at the price the dealer has on it. Heck, a M39a in good but not great condition would sell for less, but not a lot less.

Reactions: Golphin
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.