Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I paid for a brand new 39A I ordered. It was different from the other 39A's I have owned over the years. There were several things different about this rifle compared to my old 39A's, but the biggest thing to stick out, were no holes for a receiver sight on the side of the receiver. If I had not ordered this rifle I would not have bought it. Besides drilling and tapping this rifle, is there peep sight set up made for this, that mount on the top like the new center fire Marlins? I do not like scopes on lever actions. Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hear that their is, however i would just have a smith drill and tap it. It should cost no more than $30. If that is a problem, marlin will do it for free.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check out XS Sight's ghost ring for the 39a at www.xssights.com. The set includes a front post sight, two different sized rear sights, and a punch to remove the existing rear sight. They also sell a threaded rear sight that will accept the inserts from the William's sights.

I have the XS setup on my 39a and I think it is outstanding. I also think it looks cleaner than a receiver mounted sight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts