Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having trouble finding a 39a all of a sudden they're everywhere. Last week I bought a 1981 beauty, this week could not resist this gorgeous 1950 39a.
Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Wood

It appears all original, no d/t, clean wood and great blue, slight age patina on the lever.
I really couldn't afford it, and can't keep 2. But it was screaming at me, so I bought it.
Price was really good as well.
Now to find a buyer for my 1981.
Think I'll avoid gunshows and shops for awhile, my wife is patient but don't want to push my luck.

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
Post it in the Marlins for sale, you will not have it long. Good luck & that is a great find you have, beautiful.

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,658 Posts
Post it in the Marlins for sale, you will not have it long. Good luck & that is a great find you have, beautiful.
I have had great luck using the forum! Both as a buyer and seller. Honorable folks here, and no fees!

Take the buttstock off for shipping. Prevents a lot of damage and is inconspicuous in a box not shaped like a gun.

AC

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I just got back from the show and while I didn’t get it, i did see a very nice 1947 39a for $375. I did find the various items I was looking for though so it wasn’t a total loss. I was looking though a box of slings and found a older looking leather sling that had Marlin imprinted on it. Well I was looking for a sling for my 39m so I got it for $35. While I was paying for it, I told the seller what I intended to use it on and he showed me the 39a he had. The label said it was a 1947 39a and $375 was the price. I looked at it briefly but I’ve spent my limit on guns recently and I had to put it back. I think I’m going to regret it! Here’s a picture of the sling.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.