Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have a Marlin 39A Golden Mountie Lever Rifle that has realistically been fired 2 to 3 times. I only remember it being fired once but...The gun
has been in the desert Southwest for the last 49 years so I would classify it as "USED Like New". I have had a difficult time finding out about this gun.
What I know is my father brought it back from his deployment to Korea in 1964. It was in a box, no longer have, and has no wear marks on the stock, but it appears to have some minor wear marks on the barrel, possibly from sitting in a home gun rack for so long??? It is clearly marked aside from the Marlin Firearms Co., New Haven Conn. USA MARLIN GOLDEN 39-A MOUNTIE on the barrel. The only serial type mark I see is under the lever and reads "Z 6640".
My question is
  • How do I determine the exact year manufactured.
  • Where can one find out about the guns specs.
  • What is their estimated worth.
  • What is the difference between a 39A and a 39A Golden Mountie.
Thanks for any information.
halllaw

·
Super Moderator
13,977 Posts
Z would be 1964. There is all kind of stuff about the 39 Mounties on this sight. You can watch some on Gunbroker and see what they are selling for. Post some pictures and someone will give you an opinion. I believe the difference for the most part is the Mountie has a straight stock and a 20" barrel. If that is not correct someone will stop by and correct me.

http://stevespages.com/pdf/marlin_39a39m.pdf

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome Aboard

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing you around... And pics of that rifle!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
16,614 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.