Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
What type of sling was ment to be used on the 1960-70s Marlin 39 sling loops?

·
Registered
485 Posts
to be honest ive never seen any factory sling hooks on a 39 but havent seen alot of them,wally world used to carry slings that were made to attacth to a plain loop, my 82 model dosent have them or studs for a quick connect mike243

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
My 1978 39A has the standard non-detachable sling swivels that you have to thread the sling into. I much prefer the detachable type swivels so I recently found a new forend cap on eBay for little money. I plan to remove the non-detachable swivel & see if I can devise a method to attach a swivel stud in its place, then I can simply remove the swivel in the buttstock & replace it with a wood screw type stud. I'll post pix if succsssful. :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the front swivel riveted?

It looks like Brownells has them for $15.20 + shipping. I wonder if Marlin would have the forarm tip for the 39TDS available as it doesn't have the sling loop.

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=1139336

My 1894 has a sling stud that clamps onto the magazine tube. I wonder if they make one for the model 39 and if the tube is sturdy enough for it?

Anternatively does anyone know of a sling that would work on the 39's with the loops that can be disconnected and attached quick and easy?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Brownell's Latigo sling on my 39A. I have QD swivels and that way I can remove or install it rapidly. I think that sling is easy to thread on and off the swivels. Look on Brownell's web site. They come in brown or black. I bought one of each a few years back and I like them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts