Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired this rifle a few months ago. I had never owned a Marlin before, but have always liked older guns and especially lever action rifles. Through the members in this group and reading through past threads, I was able to learn a lot about the history of my rifle. It was missing the finger lever spring and finger lever spring screw as well as the rear sight elevator. Thanks to help from members in this group, I was able to figure out the parts I was missing. Bought several on eBay. The rifle was shooting high and I ended up replacing the front and rear sights with a peep sight and taller front sight from Skinner Sights (who I highly recommend). Long story short, it shoots well now and functions great. I thoroughly appreciate the help I received, and I can't wait to try picking off some squirrels with my new favorite. 22 rifle!
Wood Window Door Wood stain Musical instrument
Plant Tree Wood Garden tool Hand tool
Plant Plant community Tree Wood Shotgun

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Welcome from western nc... that’s a fine rifle... squirrels beware!!

·
Super Moderator
35,978 Posts
That's very fine looking Marlin!
Thanks for the pictures!

ca'jun56

·
Premium Member
12,460 Posts
Great looking 39 Carbine. They are great rifles and feel and handle really nice. I have a 39 carbine and two 39a's. All are fine 22 rifles.

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!! Nice looking carbine!!!

·
Premium Member
16,062 Posts
Congrats,

that’s a good lookin’ rifle

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice gun you have there.

I have a true Marlin 39 carbine.
It is a Marlin 39 Carbine that was cut down to a 16 inch barrel.

Now hold on there before you get your feathers ruffled.
I didn't cut it. I bought it that way , but I do really like it.

It is one of my favorite .22's and my wife loves it. She thinks it's hers.

·
Banned
20,659 Posts
Congrats on a fine lookin' shooter! And don't forget to post some pics of the squirrels! We love huntin' pics about as much as gun pics!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts