Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon to all,

I have a few 39s but definitely not an authority as many on this site are so I need your help. I have located a 39 AWL NIB and was wondering the collectability and value of such a nice rifle? Also I have a 39 Cherokee Strip model I picked up awhile back from the original owner that never shot it but trashed the box and was wondering a value on it as well? Thank you ahead of time for your input.

I hope I am doing this right, my first thread.

·
Registered
749 Posts
That is a Walmart exclusive rifle and only 2000 were made in 1997. Usually has good wood on stock and forearm, with half octagon and half round 24" barrel and 3/4 length mag tube.
I haven't looked at prices for that model lately, but in the past 850 to 900. They sure are good looking.
Good luck with the purchase!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My wife has a AWL and I have the 1897 Century Limited. Both made the same year but the AWL was for Walmart stores. They seem to be hanging right at around a $1000 or slightly less. The box and the the sleeve helps with the price. The ones that get listed for $1200 usually get listed over and over and don't sell at that price. My wife and I shoot both of ours and I feel we will be able to get our money back if we were to sell them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts