Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to the forums here. I have a 336y and was wondering if i were to buy the full length Forearm from Boyds would it fit on the 336Y? or would i have to have it cut down for it to fit right? i tried contacting them and they said they cannot do custom fitting so thats not an option. any help is appreciated !

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NY. I believe the 336Y has a shorter forearm around 8 1/2" and the full length would have to be modified to fit. You could search ebay or auction sites for a forearm that is designed to fit your rifle.

·
Administrator
23,784 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Remember, swany is a retired tool and die maker. These metal jobs are easy for him. For most of us, not so easy, but it can be done. For me, wood is easier to modify, so I would order an uncheckered and unfinished walnut forearm from Boyd's and go to it, provided I could not locate a short forearm.

It it is sad that Remington is no help. I don't think that Remlin has ever offered walnut for the Y, only plywood and birch. We are also void of walnut end cap forearms from the factory.

best wishes,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts