Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pre-remington 336w has an issue where the lever doesn't seem to lock up tight in the close position. Sometimes it pops out on its own, sometimes it just seems like if I breath on the gun it will open the lever.

Any ideas where to look for troubleshooting?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Another factor besides the spring, not noted in the referenced postings: take a look at the edge of that plunger in the phto. See how it is a bit worn, a little more-so on one end than the other? Take a small file, and carefully even up that engaging surface, "sharpening" the edge just a bit. Do that, and the spring rarely needs replacement or adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
15,828 Posts
I made that post back then, my inquiring mind wanted to know what was going on. Tomray replied with the spring issue. pisgah.. the worn look on the plunger came from the factory that way, that's why she wouldn't hold. I did dress the edge and now everything is good. Mr fixit

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
mr fixit said:
I made that post back then, my inquiring mind wanted to know what was going on. Tomray replied with the spring issue. pisgah.. the worn look on the plunger came from the factory that way, that's why she wouldn't hold. I did dress the edge and now everything is good. Mr fixit
;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I saw that forum with fixes after I posted this. I will look at it this weekend and see if I can finger anything out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts