Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Marlin 336SS-LTD 35 Remington Value? (Updated With Pics!)

Hello,
This is my first time post, long time lurker. I am active on 24hourcampfire with the same handle. Anywho, I recently came across a stainless 35 remington that I can aquire for $1150 shipped to me. I told the seller I'd take it, but I was wondering, what are the values of the 336SS-LTD in 35 Rem currently? I wanted it to team up with my stainless 45/70 guide gun and stainless 44 mag, which i both love. Any thoughts or input appreciated. Thanks and I look forward to actively participating in this great forum more. Steve

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Sounds very fair for today's market on a Stainless JM. I'm assuming it's one of the Davidson's limited run, a JM stamped? Welcome to MO, AND I'm looking forward to the photos when you get it. Nice collection you have going there too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! It is from the 2004 or 05 Davidson batch. JM stamped, North Haven made. I wanted it because I have a 336 in 35 Rem that I love hunting deer with and I always wanted a stainless version, but they've been hard coming, until I seen this one for sale. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Steve

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
As mentioned, good deal. I purchased mine in 2004 for about $550, probably one of the best investments I've ever made, but then maybe not. It'll be pass down to the kids and grandchildren, so no monetary return for me.
Has your rifle been shot? If so keep shooting it. If not... Up to you but you own one of a very few.
Big congrats to you.
Welcome to the board!
Ss

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yup...methinks you got quite a deal! Of course it’s easy for me to say you spent your money well...how do you feel, because that is what matters!

And...WELCOME to THE Forum!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bkg1956, I feel great, my old lady, not so much:) I missed one for sale about 2 years ago and have been kicking myself since. I bought a JM stamped 336CS in 35 Rem and I love it for deer hunting, but I have wanted the straight gripped stainless one since I first seen it. I will get pics up as soon as it comes in. I think I will get some pics of my Marlin lineup, I got a peach of a 1895 guide gun in 450 Marlin a couple months ago for $450, too. Has the nicest wood I've seen on a Marlin and I got a couple other peaches in the safe:) Thanks all, I will post the pics as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got it from my FFL today, sweet jumping horny toads it’s a nice rifle! I’ll get more pics up of my Marlin lineup, but here’s pics of my newest addition, plan on removing the 2-7 Nikon and putting it on a CZ452 22lr for squirrel season.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
That is a sweeeeeeeeeeeet lookin' rifle!!! I hope I don't run across one, it would be damn hard to walk away from. I love the walnut and stainless, beautiful.

Reactions: hawkman0206

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
I sold my like new 336SS LTD .35 Rem with PISTOL GRIP STOCKS about 3 years ago for $1000 and today would be a whole lot more, near double probably....

Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun

Reactions: hawkman0206
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.